The aim of the Royal Free London hospital at home services is to provide a more comfortable patient experience for children and their families by helping them go home from hospital earlier and receive treatment there. We aim to prevent hospital admissions for children with complex or long term needs and to support children, young people and their families with as little disruption to their family lives and education as possible.
Our hospital at home service supports children and young people in out-patient clinics, health centres, mainstream and special needs schools as well as other community settings across the boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield and south Hertfordshire.
Our teams include specialists in epilepsy, asthma and a wide range of childhood illnesses. Our support covers:
- children’s home nursing care
- children with long-term conditions
- care at home for children with a terminal illness
- educating children and parents in childhood illnesses and healthy lifestyle
- liaison between acute, community and tertiary healthcare services
Our hospital at home team works together with our occupational therapists. Find out more about occupational therapy for children and young people.
Every orange hat helps