Wound and scar management with the plastic surgery outreach service
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust provides an outreach service for plastic surgery patients in north central London.
This service is designed to help improve the post-operative care and wound management of our patients by improving their understanding of their condition and ability to assist the wound healing process.
The facility is run by a specialist plastic surgery nurse who visits patients’ homes, residential homes, and local hospitals to provide education on wound and scar management to patients, families and healthcare professionals.
We also operate specialist micropigmentation and scar management clinics for patients who have had breast reconstruction, and for patients with keloid or hypertrophic scars.
The Royal Free London plastic surgery outreach service also supports nurses in our wards at Barnet Hospital, Chase Farm Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital, and works with the plastic surgery wound dressing clinic .
Read on for information on how you can be referred and when services operate:
Plastic surgery outreach service
- Referrals - from nursing and medical teams within the trust, plastic surgery dressing clinic and out-patients, local hospitals, district nurse teams and residential care homes.
- Opening hours - visits to patients' homes, residential care homes or other local hospitals: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-2pm.
Scar management clinic
- Referrals - from the plastic surgery medical and nursing team.
- Opening hours - every Tuesday afternoon from 12-3.30pm within plastic surgery out-patients department at the Royal Free Hospital.
- Referrals – mainly for patients who need help with breast reconstruction recovery - from consultant plastic surgeons and breast surgeons from the breast unit.
- Opening hours - Friday 8.45am -3.30pm in the plastic surgery out-patients department at the Royal Free Hospital.
Nurses who developed a new digital call system at Chase Farm Hospital have been nominated for a @NT_Award. The team… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…