Social service support

These services are available for patients who are living independently and are deaf or have hearing impairment. Assistance is offered with telephones, text-phones and listening equipment, induction loops which work with your hearing aid, alarms, alarm clocks, doorbells and teletext adapters, smoke alarms etc.

The social services department you need to contact will depend on the borough you reside in. Contact your local council and ask to speak to the sensory support team or the person who works with people who are deaf or hard of hearing.

The Royal Free London audiology department has direct links with some social services departments and referrals can be made to these departments in two ways:

If you think you require these services, please complete the relevant form and post to the relevant department.

Referral from the audiology department
We will make the referral on your behalf, during your visit to the department.

Camden sensory needs service

Asif Iqbal, rehabilitation officer for deaf and hard of hearing people

Adult Social Care
Supporting People 
London Borough of Camden
5 Pancras Square 

Direct telephone:  020 7974 2837 
Fax: 020 7974 5822

City Of Westminster sensory needs service

Wayne Ryan, sensory impairment team community services (adults) manager

The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham/Westminster
4th Floor 145 King Street 
W6 9XY

Tel/voice: 020 8753 7474
Fax: 020 8753 5069

Council contact details below to request a specialist assessment in relation to dual sensory impairment:

Tel/voice: 020 7641 1444
Tel/voice: 020 7641 1175
Text messages: 07944 521615
Fax: 020 7641 5426

Barnet sensory needs service

Rena Mehmood, adult care officer

Social Care Direct
New Support and Customer Services Organisation
1255 High Road, 
N20 0EJ. 

Tel/voice: 020 8359 5000

Enfield sensory needs service

David Marke, senior sensory impairment officer 

Sensory Impairment Team
The Villa,
St Michaels Site,
Gater Drive,

Access Service
Civic Centre (7th Floor)
Silver Street
Tel/voice: 020 8379 8098

Tel/voice: 020 8379 1001