Treating IBD at the Royal Free Hospital
As part of the gastroenterology department at the Royal Free London, we provide treatment for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
We also run telephone clinics for IBD, so that you don’t have to come to hospital for your appointment. Operated by specialist nurses, telephone clinics provide advice and information about inflammatory bowel disease and treatment options, as well as help with diet and lifestyle issues related to your inflamed bowel condition.
The nurse specialists provide information, advice and support on any aspect of inflammatory bowel disease. Some specific aspects of the service are:
- Disease and treatment options
- Drug treatments
- Surgical options
- IBD during pregnancy
- Advice during a flare-up of IBD
- Diet and lifestyle issues
- Monitoring of patients receiving medications such as Azathioprine
Do you have IBD and plan to travel?
Kay Greveson, IBD nurse specialist, has developed an evidence-based resource containing useful information regarding travel and inflammatory bowel disease. Please visit IBDpassport to find our more.
IBD out-patient clinics
Clinic times are as follows:
- Monday (telephone clinic) 11am-1pm
- Tuesday (nurse-led clinic) 9.30am-1pm
- Wednesday (IBD clinic) 9am-12.30pm
- Thursday (telephone clinic) 10am-12pm
- Friday (nurse-led clinic) 9.30am-1pm
Contact the Royal Free London out-patient appointment centre on 020 7443 9757. New referrals can be faxed to 020 7433 2953.
Top professional honor for Dr Celia Harding
Today is World Diabetes Day and our diabetes nursing staff are taking the opportunity to raise awareness. Do you kn… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…