Louise Ryan GI diagnostic unit
The Louise Ryan GI physiology unit at the Royal Free London is based at the Royal Free Hospital. It is a nurse-led specialist investigation unit which provides a range of gastrointestinal physiology tests. It is a tertiary referral centre and also has a private practice element.
The Louise Ryan Unit offers a full range of GI physiology tests/interventions using state of the art equipment. Click on the links below to find out more about some of the tests we do:
- Oesopageal manometry and 24 hour pH/impedence study
- Bowel motility study
- Electrogastrogram (EGG)
- Endo rectal ultrasound (3D)
- Helicobacter pylori breath test
- High resolution anorectal manometry and endoanal ultrasound (3D)
- Hydrogen breath test: bacterial overgrowth – lactose
- Hydrogen breath test: bacterial overgrowth – sugar
The lead nurse also runs a biofeedback clinic which offers patients advice and alternative ways to manage bowel problems.
Today we launched the wheezy child pathway and our asthma team has been roaming the Royal Free Hospital to educate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…