Louise Ryan GI diagnostic unit
The Louise Ryan GI physiology unit at the Royal Free London is based at the Royal Free Hospital. It is a nurse-led specialist investigation unit which provides a range of gastrointestinal physiology tests. It is a tertiary referral centre and also has a private practice element.
The Louise Ryan Unit offers a full range of GI physiology tests/interventions using state of the art equipment. Click on the links below to find out more about some of the tests we do:
- Oesopageal manometry and 24 hour pH/impedence study
- Bowel motility study
- Electrogastrogram (EGG)
- Endo rectal ultrasound (3D)
- Helicobacter pylori breath test
- High resolution anorectal manometry and endoanal ultrasound (3D)
- Hydrogen breath test: bacterial overgrowth – lactose
- Hydrogen breath test: bacterial overgrowth – sugar
The lead nurse also runs a biofeedback clinic which offers patients advice and alternative ways to manage bowel problems.
Achievement award for healthy trust
A band 5 post has become available at the Royal Free Hospital London infectious and tropical diseases unit. Find ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…