Watch a video
We have created a short film showcasing the maternity services available at our hospitals. If you are pregnant, watch our short video about our maternity services and see our maternity team explain the services we offer and the different sorts of births available.
Find out more and self refer
- self-refer to have your baby at the Royal Free London
- read our maternity information leaflets
- download a leaflet about reduced fetal movement
Browse the web
Listed below are websites that you may find useful when looking for further information on pregnancy, birth or maternity care.
- Which? Birth Choice
- NHS Choices: Your pregnancy and baby guide
- The Breastfeeding Network
- National Childbirth Trust (NCT)
- La Leche League
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- UNICEF's Baby Friendly Initiative
- Registering a birth
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Your baby's movement and safer pregnancy
More information about your baby’s movements and when to call a midwife is available in English and other languages at the following links:
- My Health London pregnancy information: 'Safer pregnancy' leaflets by MAMA Academy and 'Feeling a baby move is a sign they are well' leaflet by Tommy's
- MAMA Academy: 'Pregnancy essentials' leaflet
- Tommy's: 'Feeling a baby move is a sign they are well' leaflet
Please note that the Royal Free London is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Information in different languages and other formats
Along with the information on our website, there are several organisations that provide some important information for women and families in different languages.
- Public Health England: The ‘Screening tests for you and your baby’ leaflet is available in a number of community languages at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/screening-tests-for-you-and-your-baby
- Tommy’s: Information on ‘monitoring your baby's movements’ is available in English (written and audio) and 30 other languages: www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/symptom-checker/baby-moving-less/movements-matter-raising-awareness-fetal-movements
- UNICEF: Breastfeeding, formula feeding and sterilizing feeding equipment information is available in 18 languages at: https://www.unicef.org.uk/babyfriendly/baby-friendly-resources/leaflets-and-posters/foreign-language-resources/
- Labour Pains: Information about pain relief for labour and when having a caesarian section in up to 29 languages at: www.labourpains.com/
- Action on Pre-Eclampsia: Information about pre-eclampsia is available on this charity’s website in 25 different languages: action-on-pre-eclampsia.org.uk/pre-eclampsia-information/download-our-leaflets-in-your-language/